Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default vlookups - formating

I've come across it many times before, Suesea, when you have a formula
like:

=IF(ISNA(vlookup(...)),"",vlookup(...))

and so you have a formula-blank in the cell if there is no match from
the vlookup. When you fix these values you end up with ' in the cell
(as it wasn't completely blank).

I don't know how to get rid of it easily.

Pete

On Nov 6, 6:02 pm, Suesea wrote:
It finds the match. The match just has no information in it cell it is
looking at is blank- which in some cases is correct. That part is working
correctly. Problem is when pasting results into new worksheet.
--
suesea

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
Never heard of that, if vlookup picks up a blank cell a zero is returned or
if it can't find a match #N/A is returned. Post your formula that returns an
apostrophe

Peo Sjoblom

"Suesea" wrote in message
i have spreadsheet using various vlookups from other sheets. Need to
special
paste values of vlookups in new sheet. If vlookup picks up a blank cell
then
the pasted value on new sheet is showing ' instead of a blank cell. I
need
to have a blank cell and not a label symbol. How do I and on what sheet
do I
change format and which format should I be using? sheet 1 is vlookup
formulas, sheet 2 and 3 is information sheet 1 is looking up. I need the
new
sheet to save as txt file for importing to other program.
--
suesea- Hide quoted text -