Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PCLIVE PCLIVE is offline

Default Keyboard Navigation - selecting non-adjacent rows

Very Nice!

--

"Ron Coderre" wrote in message
Perhaps this:

1) Shift+SpaceBar.........to select an entire row
2) Shift+F8...............to engage "add" mode (visible in the status bar)
3) Use arrow keys to move to a different row
4) Shift+SpaceBar.........to select that entire row

(now...here's the trick)
5) Shift+F8...TWICE.....to re-engage "add" mode

repeat steps 3, 4, and 5 as needed.

Caveat: One false step and you lose your selections.

Consequently, if practical....enter an X in an empty flag column for each
row to be removed.
At the end of the process...
Select that column
Press [F5]
....Click [Special]
....Check: Constants
....Click [OK]
(Now only the marked cells are selected)
<edit<delete.....Check: Entire Row.....Click [OK]

Is that something you can work with?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"Katie" wrote in message
Good Afternoon -

I am looking to navigate with keyboard only to highlight multiple rows to
be
able to delete these rows.

For instance, I need to manually go through and decide in a 2000 row
sheet
and delete almost half of the rows, but in no consistent pattern.

Is there keyboard shortcuts to select a row (Control + spacebar) and then
be
able to highlight to a new row and select that as well?