Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mary Ann Mary Ann is offline

Default Deleting all data in cell if value starts with 3 particular le

Thanks for your reply. My experience was Find/Replace did not recognise the
* wildcard. I'm using one of the other solutions - with the Autofilter.

"Lori" wrote:

Try Edit Replace with Find: ASD*
Leave replace box blank and in Options, check Match Entire Cell Contents.

"Mary Ann" wrote:

I have a very large list of data which includes a column containing codes.
The codes might be just numbers or they could have letters in them as well.
If the code for the particular item starts with, lets say, ASD I want to
delete all the data in the cell.

How do I achieve this?

I am a sophisticated user of Excel but do not do programming