Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default time serial number

Hi Kristina

Well that's because the values on your source data are Text not Numeric, so
the PT correctly sums them as 0.
Change your formula to
=--TEXT(Q7002/86400,CHOOSE(MATCH(Q7002,{0,60,3600},1),":ss","m:s s","[he]:mm:ss"))

The double unary minus will coerce the text value to numeric.
Then do a refresh on the PT, and all should be well.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Kristina Demers" wrote in
message ...
Thanks! I tried your suggestion. The format comes out as h:mm but it
shows
as 0:00.

In case it's relevant, in the data tab I use this formula for the cell:
=TEXT(Q7002/86400,CHOOSE(MATCH(Q7002,{0,60,3600},1),":ss","m:s s","[h]:mm:ss"))

It returns the correct result on the data tab but this result is not
pulling
through to the pivot tab.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Kristina

On the PT, double click on the relevant field headerNumberCustom
[h]:mm

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Kristina Demers" <Kristina wrote in
message ...
Hi,
I need to only show time as time... for example someone worked on a
specific
project for a certain length of time. I've created a pivot table in
excel.
On the data tab I have some numbers which are formatted as
hours:min:sec
(for
example - 3:45:20 = 3 hours, 45 mins, 20 sec.). How do I get that stat
go
over to the pivot table correctly? When I update to the pivot table I
only
get 0s. I've tried different formats and nothing seems to work.

I'd appreciate any help in fixing this... thanks,
~kristina

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

You could use helper columns with formulae of

=INT(A1)

etc. and pivot the helper columns.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Gotti" wrote in message
I have a long spread sheet that has two columns of dates (Received
and
Finished) that I am importing into a pivot table and would like to
use
the
dates in my pivot, less the time. For daily use, I do use the time
with
the
date, but only
want the date for use in the pivot table. How can I eliminate the
time
serial number, before importing into my pivot, apart from editing
each
individual cell?

Have a \\\|/// Blessed Day
(o o)