Gord Dibben

As a jumping-inner here, I note that this setting does not stick between
sessions. Same for 2002 and 97.

Always defaults to Thumbnails next time opened.

I'll bet Jim Rech has a registry hack for this. Hang around to see if that's
the case.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:47:01 -0800, "Amandle"
wrote:

when you are in the template box and see the large icon, to the right of the
box there are 3 small boxes..they change your view of the icons. The thrid
one changes your view to details
"Stephen S" wrote:

Excel 2003
file/new/templates always displays in large icon view. Any way to change
default to details. Word has same condition