Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bollard bollard is offline

Default Comparing figures across 2 columns.

Hi Gav

Many thanks for your reply.

I have been using the Autofilter, but it's very time consuming that way, not
least because there are actually 2 spreadhseets and some 24 columns on each..

Also, I don't want to count the number of occurences, I want to find them
and notify the store that they have made an error.

"Gav123" wrote:

Hi,

You could use just use Autofilter and select blanks from the
list..(DataFilterAutofilter)

Or..
Lets say your data starts in in Cell C1...

Maybe in cell E1 enter =COUNTBLANK(C1:D1) and copy down has far as you need
this will count the number of blank cells in the range.

Hope this helps,

Gav.

"bollard" wrote:

Hello

In this spreadsheet we have pairs of columns for each week-ending date.
Let's say that week 1 uses Columns C&D. Each Row represents a store. Columns
C and D both represent week-ending 6th October 2007.

I need a formula which will look along the row and check for a blank. If
Column C is blank and there is a figure in Column D, or vice-versa, I want
the formula to flag this occurence. In other words, I want the spreadsheet to
show me where a store has enetered a figure in one column but no figure in
the paired column across the sheet.

Can anyone suggest a formula please?

Many thanks.

Keith