Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ashish128 ashish128 is offline

Default UDF not returning anything

Hi,
I am not a developer and have learnt VBS just from groups likes this
one.

I wrote a UDF (actually it was of some other person explaining
something else but I modified it to my use)

The problem is this that this function is not returning anything.

Logic Behind: this function takes a range as first parameter and all
other parameters are optional

This function is intended to return either CSV string or count of
unique values from a range.

if you provide second parameter as "c" then it will calculate the
count else CSV string and third parameter is to replace comma with any
othe delimiter.

Following is the code

Public Function nodup(ByRef rRng As Excel.Range, Optional ByVal
str_data_or_count As String = "", Optional ByVal str_Delim As String =
"") As String
Dim No_Duplicates As New Collection
Dim int_count As Integer
Dim rCell As Range

On Error Resume Next
For Each rCell In rRng
If rCell.RowHeight < 0 Then
If IsEmpty(rCell) Then
'do nothing
Else
No_Duplicates.Add Cell.Value, CStr(Cell.Value)
Next rCell
On Error GoTo 0
For i = 1 To No_Duplicates.Count - 1
nodup = nodup & str_Delim & No_Duplicates(i)
Next i
nodup = Mid(nodup, Len(str_Delim) + 1)
If str_target = "c" Then
nodup = CStr(No_Duplicates.Count)
End If

End Function

Please advice and also tell me how to debug this function (F8 is not
working on it)

Thanks & Regards

Ashish Sharma