bigmo29

Gord,

Thank you for the ideas below. I'm off at the moment so I'll try this first
thing in the morning. You've given me some ideas to try.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Some things to try.......

1. Can you copy and paste special as Text?

2. Pre-format the cells as Text before the copy/paste.

3. Can you manipulate the data before it leaves Cisco?

4. Copy/paste to Notepad first then save as a *.txt file then open that file
in Excel.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:13:07 -0800, "bigmo29"
wrote:

I'm trying to copy and paste Cisco switch port information in to Excel and to
be able to sort the port information so it looks like 2/1, 2/2, ...2/21,
2/22, etc. Excel treats my ports as dates and will not sort properly.