Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Large Time totals not summing.

"Brik" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Nov 5, 1:23 pm, "T. Valko" wrote:
Your times are probably TEXT entries.

Try this:

Select the range of cells in question
Goto the menu DataText to columns
Click Next twice
Under Column data format select DATE
Finish

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Brik" wrote in message

ups.com...

I'm having an issue trying to total large time values. I've made sure
to set my cell format to [h]:mm:ss for both figures and total, but
anytime I sum these numbers I get an 0:00:00 for the total.

Below is a sample of the 220 rows I need to total.

Name 1 171:06:28
Name 2 140:37:48
Name 3 87:00:26
Name 4 145:54:46
Name 5 100:19:47
Name 6 89:30:58
Name 7 86:21:33
Name 8 131:02:22
Name 9 159:13:17

As you can see the totals will be in the thousands of hours
accumulated. Any help anyone can give me on this is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam- Hide quoted text -

That did the trick!!
One of those answers that was in my face and I never would have seen
it. Thanks a ton for the help.

Sam

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP