Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Paste Special, Text in Excel 2007

Great - something else I have to put into my Favorites list! For the record:
your workbook with all the icons for Command Bar Face IDs has just been a
goldmine for me.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

I add a new page on my site today that explain how you can change the image of the button.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message ...
You can also add the PasteSpecial values button to the QAT to do it with one click

Click on the arrow on the Paste button on the Home tab and then right click
on "Paste Values" and choose add to QAT

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Vernon Balbert" wrote in message ...
I'm copying data from a web site to an Excel 2007 worksheet.
Specifically, I'm creating a database of my DVDs and using IMDB as a
source of information, specifically the release date of the movie.
Right now I'm copying the date from the web page, right-clicking on the
appropriate cell and selecting Paste Special and then selecting Text.
This is getting to be too repetitive to be convenient. Is there a
keyboard shortcut to do this? I'd love to just hit Ctrl-V (or something
similar) to paste it as plain text with no HTML codes or formatting.

--
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Brain. But what if the Earl of Essex doesn't like burlap