Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Vernon Balbert Vernon Balbert is offline

Default Paste Special, Text in Excel 2007

On 11/4/2007 3:09 AM, Ron de Bruin went clickity clack on the keyboard
and produced this interesting bit of text:
You can also add the PasteSpecial values button to the QAT to do it with
one click

Click on the arrow on the Paste button on the Home tab and then right click
on "Paste Values" and choose add to QAT

"Paste Values" is grayed out when I do what you suggest. Here's what's
happening and what I want:

I go to IMDB, select the text for the release date of the movie and copy
it to the clipboard. I go to Excel, right-click on the cell in which I
want to paste the data and select Paste Special. Up pops a window that
says that has a "Paste" radio button selected (all other options are
grayed out) and a pane in which are three options: HTML, Unicode Text
and Text. I should note that the cell in which I'm pasting this in is
formatted as date, not general.

--
No dice, Chicago. I'm giving the orders and we're coming in. I guess the
foot's on the other hand now, isn't it Kramer?