Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Paste Special, Text in Excel 2007

Hi Ron

I hadn't realised paste Values was available as a single option to add to
the QAT until I looked at All Commands.
I could see the Paste Special in Popular commands, but that would still
require a selection of values.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
You can also add the PasteSpecial values button to the QAT to do it with
one click

Click on the arrow on the Paste button on the Home tab and then right
click
on "Paste Values" and choose add to QAT

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Vernon Balbert" wrote in message
I'm copying data from a web site to an Excel 2007 worksheet.
Specifically, I'm creating a database of my DVDs and using IMDB as a
source of information, specifically the release date of the movie. Right
now I'm copying the date from the web page, right-clicking on the
appropriate cell and selecting Paste Special and then selecting Text.
This is getting to be too repetitive to be convenient. Is there a
keyboard shortcut to do this? I'd love to just hit Ctrl-V (or something
similar) to paste it as plain text with no HTML codes or formatting.

--
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Brain. But what if the Earl of Essex doesn't like burlap