Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Paste Special, Text in Excel 2007

Hi Vernon

I assume you mean Paste SpecialValues
The following code will do this for you

Sub PasteSpecialValues()

SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
End Sub

To copy this code to your workbook, press Alt+F11 to invoke the VB Editor.
InsertModule
In the white pane that appears, copy the code as above
Alt+F11 to return to your Excel sheet

Press Alt+F8 to bring up Macros and with the above macro highlighted choose
Options and set whatever letter you wish to use in addition to Control to
invoke the macro.
You could use Shift+v, then Control+v would be paste, but Control+V would be
your Paste Special.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Vernon Balbert" wrote in message
I'm copying data from a web site to an Excel 2007 worksheet. Specifically,
I'm creating a database of my DVDs and using IMDB as a source of
information, specifically the release date of the movie. Right now I'm
copying the date from the web page, right-clicking on the appropriate cell
and selecting Paste Special and then selecting Text. This is getting to be
too repetitive to be convenient. Is there a keyboard shortcut to do this?
I'd love to just hit Ctrl-V (or something similar) to paste it as plain
text with no HTML codes or formatting.

--
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Brain. But what if the Earl of Essex doesn't like burlap