Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Why does "cannot shift objects off sheet" prevent row insertio

Could you have hidden shapes in that worksheet?

Maybe you could run a macro to unhide those shapes:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
Dim iCtr As Long
For iCtr = 1 To ActiveSheet.Shapes.Count
ActiveSheet.Shapes(iCtr).Visible = True
Next iCtr
End Sub

Then use
F5 (ctrl-g)|Special|Objects
and hit the delete key
to remove ALL the shapes.

Don't do this if there are shapes that should remain hidden or shapes that
should not be deleted.

Idaho old guy wrote:

Thank you. There are no comments in the sheet, no merged or hidden cells
either. Pre 07 auditing checked for phantom sheet errors (though I don't
remember exactly how to get there) I do not seem to find that option in 07.
I have checked for links, charts, etc. none exist.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe...

XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-ca;211769

Remember to look for comments and merged cells.

Idaho old guy wrote:

I am unable to insert rows in an existing spreadheet and a new one I just
initiated in a book with multiple sheets. What did I do to cause this and
how do I make it go away?

--

Dave Peterson

--