Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Wally Wally is offline

Default Auto fill multiple worksheets

Everything works fine in the protect/unprotect macros. I'm still having a
problem with the Second suggestion. After pressing "ENTER", I get a Dialog
Box "File not found". It wants to direct me to the file containing the
workbook. If I select sheet 1 of that file, and put the appropriate date in
J3, I get "#Ref!" in J3 of remaining sheets. I'm sure I have just missed
something.

Wally

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Wally

First the code to protect or unprotect all sheets.

Sub ProtectAllSheets()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim n As Single
For n = 1 To Sheets.Count
Sheets(n).Protect Password:="justme"
Next n
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Sub UnprotectAllSheets()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim n As Single
For n = 1 To Sheets.Count
Sheets(n).Unprotect Password:="justme"
Next n
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Second to have J3 change on all sheets when changed on first sheet.

Select sheet2 then SHIFT + click on last sheet to group them.

In active sheet in J3 enter =Sheet1!J3 and ENTER

Select Sheet1 and change value in J3 to change on all sheets.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 12:37:00 -0700, wally
wrote:

I have created an Excel Workbook, made up of numerous Worksheets. These
worksheets are used to record daily information, at various locations, for
bi-weekly periods. One cell, €˜J3 is used to establish the beginning date of
the period. The first date of the period is automatically entered in €˜C12,
by using €˜=J3. The next date of the period is automatically entered in cell
€˜C13 by using =IF($J$3="","",$J$3+1), the next date is auto entered in €˜C14
using =IF($J$3="","",$J$3+2), and so on. Portions of the protected worksheet
are locked, when used in entering the information.

Would it be possible to create a new bi-weekly series of worksheets by
entering the beginning date in €˜J3 on one page? Also is it possible to
€˜Unprotect and Protect all worksheets by a single operation? It is
cumbersome to have to unprotect each worksheet, change the value in J3 on
each worksheet and then protect each worksheet again. Have you any
suggestions?