Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Susan Susan is offline

Default Excel 2007 not retaining formatting in mail merge operation

Thank you for the link but unfortunately it doesn't work for Excel 2007 ...
how do you use the helper column =TEXT(A1,"00000") .... would I need to
insert that for each entry? There are over 7000!

Susan

"David Biddulph" wrote:

You could use a helper column with =TEXT(A1,"00000"), or otherwise there is
a process shown at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320473.
--
David Biddulph

"Susan" wrote in message
I am trying to do merge document with excel and word 2007 and the zip
codes
drop the first zero, 01234 becomes 1234. I have tried formatting the cells
with ALL the choices to no avail. Please help!!!