Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Circular

To add to Niek's "strong advice".

Doing it as you describe will leave no "paper trail" of inputs so very difficult
to troubleshoot any errors in data entry.

Excel has lots of cells, use them to keep track of your inputs.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 21:42:28 +0100, "Niek Otten" wrote:

<guess I'm going to go take a Visual Basic course

You could, of course.

But what remains is that circular references and similar concepts should not be used, unless it is the very nature of the problem
description itself, like for some recursive calculation algorithms.
For record-keeping structures, like the one you describe, I strongly advise NOT to use circular references.