Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Doebaby Doebaby is offline

Default Would I use "Lookup" to pick names for a Christmas grab bag

Hi Myrna,

Yes, I could us the orginal formula given. It does work fine but then I
would be the one knowing all who match's to who, even my own name. I didn't
realize how complicated it would be. In the end, if I don't receive anymore
ideas. I will have to do something and will probably use the orginal. I
still have some time and T.Valko expressed he might try to find something
that may work. So until then, I will wait and see. Thank you for responding.

"Myrna Larson" wrote:

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 17:26:54 -0400, "T. Valko" wrote:

Probably, but it'll be more complicated than what I suggested already. And,
doing it that way it's not truly random. If you have 10 people then only 5
of them get to enter their name. So, now you have to have some process to
see who gets to enter their name! <g

Couldn't you generate the list once, as you originally described, pairing each
person with a randomly chosen member of the group, convert the results to a
fixed list, then when the person types their name in, it looks that name up in
column A and returns the name from column B?