Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address)

Default VBA Cell Addressing

I've got what must be a simple addressing problem but it's driving me
crazy. I can create a simple macro that just looks like:

Sub TestMacro
ActiveCell(1,2) = "Done"
End Sub

And it does exactly what I'd expect. It plugs a value into the cell to
the right of the cursor. Now if I try to do the similar thing with a
Function instead of a Macro it just refuses to co-operate. For example:

Function TestFunct(CellRef)
ActiveCell(1,2) = "Done"
End Function

This will croak with a #VALUE! error. Likewise:

Function TestFunct(CellRef)
CellRef(1,2) = "Done"
End Function

Also refuses to co-operate with the same error. Yet both of these
approaches work fine for me in a Macro.

How do I write to an arbitrary cell location from a Function?

Thanks.

Bill