Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bendinblues Bendinblues is offline

Default Data Source for Pivot table expands and contracts

Ron,

Although Debra's article is insightful, it won't solve my problem. I
actually need to overwrites the previous weeks data with the new data which
could contain more or less rows that the prior week. the columns will always
be the same. This data serves as the source for the pivot tables.

Thanks,

Reggie

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

See Debra Dalgleish's coverage of Dynamic Range Names:
http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

They automatically expand/contract to accommodate the data.

Does that help?
Post back if you have more questions.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"Bendinblues" wrote in message
The Data that I use for my pivot table keep changing each week. Weekly, I
copy and paste data from another excel spreadsheet into the workbook that
contains the pivot table. Each week I go in and rename the data range
before
I refresh the data. Is there a way that I can perform the data refresh on
the
new data without worrying whether this week the data contains 25 rows or
50
rows?