Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Myrna Larson Myrna Larson is offline

Default Would I use "Lookup" to pick names for a Christmas grab bag

If you have 10 people then only 5 of them get to enter their name.

Don't understand...

I didn't see the beginning of this this thread, and I'm not sure what the
"grab bag" is supposed to do, but if it is, e.g. buying a gift for the person
whose name you draw, A can buy a gift for B, and B can buy a gift for K. And A
could receive a give from E. It wouldn't have to be B buying a gift for A,
would it?

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 17:26:54 -0400, "T. Valko" wrote:

Can it be done this way?????

Probably, but it'll be more complicated than what I suggested already. And,
doing it that way it's not truly random. So, now you have to have some

process to
see who gets to enter their name! <g

Let me see what I can come up with.