Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary[_2_] Gary[_2_] is offline

Default How to define and select the last (bottom) number in a column?

You are right. It works fine even if you just press enter.
Sorry for the confusion.

"BrendaN_at_Welke_Customs"
wrote in message ...
Thanks Gary, this works very well! But I'm not sure about the keystrokes
you've indicated... they did not appear to be necessary (and nothing
different happened when I tried the combination), and it worked fine with
just ENTER.

"Gary" wrote:

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A65535<""),A1:A65535)

Will return the last value entered in column A.
Press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER not only ENTER.

"BrendaN_at_Welke_Customs"
m wrote in message
I want to select the last entry in a column, and insert this value into
formula elsewhere. A new number is added daily to this column. There
are
empty cells throughout the column. Thanks!