Victoria @ WB

Default "Refresh All" won't work with external Access data located on serv

Hello:

I have a large report that has 104 imported external data links. These
links refer to 104 differnt Access queries for a file located on a shared
file server.

If I click on each link individually and select "Refresh Data" from the
data menu, no problem. But if I click on the "Refresh All" button on the
External Data tool bar I run into some problems.

After a second or two of "Connecting to data source" appears in my lower
left window, I receive an "Unspecified Error" error. When I click OK I get
the following window: Data file: "xyz" not found. Connect to "xyz" instead?
(yes, the exact same file name.)

When I click on "Yes", I'm taken to the following window: Data Links
Property. When I click on "Test Connection" it fails.

Any suggestions? Is there something about using a file on a server I need
to be careful about?

Thanks.