Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
George Nicholson George Nicholson is offline

Default Excel screen capture to capture cells and row and column headings

If you are simply trimming the sides off, why not just paste the screenshot
directly into Word and use the cropping tool on the Picture toolbar? It
bypasses Paint and the cropping tool is much easier to work with (IMO).

The cropping tool look like a square O with lines extended like a chain
link. When active, your cursor takes on that shape. Position your cursor
over the (middle) square selector on the side of your pasted picture and
move the side in to crop-out that portion of the picture.

--
HTH,
George

"jayray" wrote in message
ps.com...
I am writing a document and want to illustrate it using Excel screen
captures. I want to capture just the row and column headings along
with the Excel screen itself. I know I can do a PrintScreen or Alt
+PrintScreen and Ctrl+V it in Paint, but this usually includes the
stuff above the column headings. Within Paint, I then have to define
the area I want to cut, and paste it into my Word document. The
cutting and pasting from Paint is a manual thing and is not 100%
precise.

Is there anything I can do in Excel to get the results I want? Is
there any software out there that I can get that does this?

Many thanks for any information!