Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Sandy is offline

Default Rank/Large Help

I found A solution. I used ahelpr column with countif and then applied your
formula to that column and then a vlookup with the results of your formula.
Is there a better way to accomplish this?
Thanks!!!!

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Let's start with B2 rather than B1

In B2 enter:
=MODE(A1:A100)

In B3 enter:
=MODE(IF(ISNA(MATCH(A$1:A$100,B$2:B2,0)),A$1:A$100 ))
this is an array formula inserted with CNTRL-SHFT-ENTER rather than ENTER.

Copy B3 downwards.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200753

"Sandy" wrote:

The value that appears most frequently
Thanks

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Should B1 contain the value that appears most frequently in column A or the
largest value in column A??
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200753

"Sandy" wrote:

Hello
I have a list of randomly repeating values in A1:A100. I would like a
formula in B1:B10 that will return the top 10 used entries in the list in
order of use highest to lowest. It is possible that there may be less than
10 used entries and in that case I would like a 0.
Thanks!