Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Data Analyst Data Analyst is offline

Default Matching two column ranges with a date

Hi everyone,

In short, I have Column A with a range of contract numbers from A2:A7113.
Column B has a range from B2:B354.
Column C has a specific date for the contract number in Column B.

I need a formula that take a contract number from Column B and searches for
it's match in Column A. If there is a match, it needs to enter the date
coinciding with that contract from Column C. If there is no match, then it
should leave it blank.

Although I've tried using the IF statement, I haven't been able to find an
effective formula that includes ranges correctly. Thanks!