Del Cotter

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Nick M said:

"Patrick_KC" wrote:
"Gord Dibben" wrote:
Is there any way to use a cell reference in a chart title?
If you already have a Title, click on it to select the box. In the formula
bar type an equal sign(=) then go select the cell you want as a title. Hit
ENTER key.

Thanks, Gord - worked just like I wanted it to!

For some reason when i try that all i get is an equal sign in my title. any
ideas??

You may, like me, have an older version of Excel (mine is Excel 95). You
can't put a formula in the actual title, only text, as you found out.

Not to worry, you can still make text boxes as formulas. Press F2 to
access the edit bar at the top of the screen, and type or select a
formula or cell: when you press "Enter" a new text box will be created,
usually in ten point Arial in the centre of the screen. Format the text
box just as you would the title, and reposition it, and now you can get
rid of the title!

Later versions of Excel, I understand, let you put formulae in the
title, which they should have done in the first place.

--
Del Cotter http://del_c.livejournal.com/

Send email to del2 at branta dot demon dot co dot uk