Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Doebaby Doebaby is offline

Default Would I use "Lookup" to pick names for a Christmas grab bag

Hi,

I am trying to create (what I thought was a small project) a Christmas Grab
Bag, sort of speak. A person would type in his/her name and then the computer
would randomly pick out one name of the people in the grab bag. I am trying
to use vlookup but I don't know how to have the computer only pick the name
once, with out using his/her own name. Does anyone have any ideas???? Below
is an example of what I am trying to do.

Joe
Mary
Bob
Jane
Enter your name: Joe
You Have: Bob

Is this way beyond something for excel??? It's way beyond me. I thought it
would work but I can't seem to find any functions to make this turn out.

Can someone please help?????