Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Robert Robert is offline

Default Returning a Value from a Table, dependant on the word Typed

Thanks again, as I've now realised I had one wrong Cell Reference. What a
Bad Boy I am. Seriously, this has helped me a lot and I want to thank you
for your help.
May I ask one further question on this though..please..!!

I've copied up the revised version with that Formula Fixed. ITs He
http://cjoint.com/?lbsOyZZRYw
My Question is again relating to the Worksheet contained in the file, which
is Entitled Beko. At the bottom I've put in a calculation for The Total
Units and Tonnage, but I want to know whether its possible to get it to
change the result of the calculation, whenever the Filtering is altered. For
Example I may change the Date to Filter on, but I would then want to see the
Totals Change also. At the moment, it doesn't alter it but actually hides
it, and even if I have hidden it through filtering, its still doesn't JUST
calcuate on what I've filtered.

Hope that makes sense.
Many Many thanks
Robert

"Robert" wrote:

Ok...here is an actual file I'm working with now, given your forumula, which
did work, so thanks for that. However now in the file that is attached at:
http://cjoint.com/?lbqLmGZyyh Why am I getting Zero Returned in the Sheet
Called Beko at the Cell Ref: G2 and the rest of that column.

Thanks.
Robert

"T. Valko" wrote:

Here's a screencap of the file you posted with the formulas entered. As you
can see, the formula I suggested does return the correct results. I made a
slight tweak to the formula to account for empty cells like B3.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1644/sumif2ok8.jpg

I entered the formula in cell C3 then drag copied down to cell C5.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Robert" wrote in message
Thanks.
I've done that and the file is he
http://cjoint.com/?kFuFfycjWl

Robert

"T. Valko" wrote:

You can upload small files here for free:

http://tinyurl.com/24xfnt

This is a French site translated into English. The files will remain
active
for about 3 weeks. After you upload the file you'll get a link to that
file
then you can post the link for anyone wanting to look at the file. I post
sample files like this quite often.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Robert" wrote in message
Hi
I did think that VLOOKUP would be the answer, but trying as I have
done, I
always get #VALUE.
I made a small example of it, and if I could send it anywhere, you
would
see
where I'm going wrong. Is that possible.
Robert

"Carlo" wrote:

look in the help for vlookup, that's the formula that does exactly
what
you
want.
If you need help in applying this formula, just ask.

hth

Carlo

"Robert" wrote:

Hi
I'm trying return the weight of an item into an adjacent cell, when
type
the word.
To Explain: If I have A1 and B1 as Item and Weight, then underneath
those I
have Sofa, Chair, Bed etc, with the relevant weights in the B
Column.

Next I have another Worksheet or the Same Worksheet, where I have
Name,
Item
and Weight. I want to insert automatically the Weight based on
typing
the
right Item (i.e. Sofa) in the cell next to the persons name.

Hope that makes sense. Can't seem to upload a sample. I may have
about
100
items to access along with their weights.
Thanks