Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
zxiqlpixs zxiqlpixs is offline

Default Deleting all data in cell if value starts with 3 particular letter

Depending on the size of the list, you could apply a filter, then select
custom, then sort by Begins with and type in ASD.

Then, all the cells starting with ASD would show up, and you could select
them all, and delete them. If its a long list, a quick way of doing that
would be, highlight the first in the list, press buttons Ctrl+Shift+ Down
Arrow. That will take you to the bottom of the list.

"Mary Ann" wrote:

I have a very large list of data which includes a column containing codes.
The codes might be just numbers or they could have letters in them as well.
If the code for the particular item starts with, lets say, ASD I want to
delete all the data in the cell.

How do I achieve this?

I am a sophisticated user of Excel but do not do programming