Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel joel is offline

Default Hyperlink: Linking problem when link to file

Try open pdf from the Start menu. Then go to File Menu - OPen - and select
the file. I assumed you went to the window explorer and double clicked the
file. Try both methods. Also check the size of the file. Large adobe files
will take a long time to open.

"tsmith1977" wrote:

WHen I create a hyperlink to a file (which contains a few pics and a pdf) and
then go back and test the hyperlink several aspects are changed. See below:

Here is what the hyperlink looks like when entered:
AL\Birmingham\4700 Pinson Valley Parkway

Here is the path when I click "ok":
\\Ntserver\public\BIG Industrial\Available Properties
Link\AL/Birmingham/4700 Pinson Valley Parkway

(Notice ABove that it changes the slashes to forward slash after "AL"

The deal is that when I try and open a pdf I have saved it will not open,, i
dont get any error message I only get the computer "thinking for a moment and
then nothing happens. Adobe reader doesnt open or anything. Please Help