Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MartinW MartinW is offline

Default Is there a way to create a list in excel with smilies instead

Maybe try contacting Andy Pope through his website.
http://www.andypope.info/index.htm

Andy is a regular contributor to these newsgroups
and a genius at this sort of thing.

HTH
Martin

"CFE" wrote in message
OK, may be I did not make myself clear. I have no problem getting the
symbols but what I am unable to do is: when in an excel cell and I create
list of items to chose from, I want those items to be symbols to chose
from
and I also need to be able to have those in color. i.e. if I have a red
smiley for task in danger, green for task on target, yellow for task in
jeopardy and grey task not initiated but my boss wants smileys and there
is a
smile symbol in the library. How do I get my drop down to show those
smileys. I know it sounds weird but just trying to do what I am being
asked.
Thanks

"MartinW" wrote:

Hi CFE,

If your font is set as Arial or Times New Roman or quite a few others,
Hold down the Alt key and type 1 on the number pad and let go of the Alt
key
Alt+2 is another variation.

There is also lots of others in Wingdings and Webdings etc. To access
these
go to StartProgramsAccessoriesSystem ToolsCharacter Map
There isn't any shortcut keys to get most of these symbols, but once you
have
the ones you need, you can copy and paste them to where you want.

HTH
Martin

"CFE" wrote in message
I am trying to create a list in excel where my drop down items will be
smileys or symbols of various colors instead of text. Is that
possible?