Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ADB-NewB ADB-NewB is offline

Default If Function

Thank you that was the formula I was lacking. Have a most wonderful day!!

"Erin Searfoss" wrote:

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do, but if you want a cell to
read "Check Me" when the tentative date is, say, 7 days away use the
following:

=IF(B4-NOW()<=7,"Check Me","")

"ADB-NewB" wrote:

Is there a way to set an alarm in a cell using the If formula example? (Check
me) when a Tentative date needs to be completed by
Exp: if the tentative date is getting near the completion date I would like
the completion date cell to read (Check Me) can it be based of an empty cell
Date Received Completed Date Completed By Tentative date
10/31/2007 11/14/2007
Say for example (cellA1=€€, Check Me) ???? then what

Please help€¦.Thanks in advance