Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Excel screen capture to capture cells and row and column headings

If you are doing any sort of screen captures, then you need SnagIT by
TechSmith (www.snagit.com). It is brain dead easy to use and remarkably
flexible in what it can capture (screen, region, window, menu dropdown,
etc). It can save in any picture format you need (jpeg, gif, png, etc). And
for just US$40, it is a steal. It is one of the "must have" tools for any
developer.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"jayray" wrote in message
ps.com...
I am writing a document and want to illustrate it using Excel screen
captures. I want to capture just the row and column headings along
with the Excel screen itself. I know I can do a PrintScreen or Alt
+PrintScreen and Ctrl+V it in Paint, but this usually includes the
stuff above the column headings. Within Paint, I then have to define
the area I want to cut, and paste it into my Word document. The
cutting and pasting from Paint is a manual thing and is not 100%
precise.

Is there anything I can do in Excel to get the results I want? Is
there any software out there that I can get that does this?

Many thanks for any information!