Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Middleton Mike Middleton is offline

Default Excel screen capture to capture cells and row and column headings

jayray -

For pre-2007 Excel:

File | Page Setup | Sheet | Row and column headings (and Gridlines).

Select range, hold down Shift key, and choose Edit | Copy Picture | As shown
when printed.

For Excel 2007, post again.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"jayray" wrote in message
ps.com...
I am writing a document and want to illustrate it using Excel screen
captures. I want to capture just the row and column headings along
with the Excel screen itself. I know I can do a PrintScreen or Alt
+PrintScreen and Ctrl+V it in Paint, but this usually includes the
stuff above the column headings. Within Paint, I then have to define
the area I want to cut, and paste it into my Word document. The
cutting and pasting from Paint is a manual thing and is not 100%
precise.

Is there anything I can do in Excel to get the results I want? Is
there any software out there that I can get that does this?

Many thanks for any information!