Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
John Mansfield John Mansfield is offline

Default Secondary Axis not crossing at zero

With a little work, the proportional axes calculations shown in the links
below can be modified to allow the zeros to line up. Unfortunately I've not
yet built the zero value axis cross into the example yet but hope to soon.
Hope this might help.

http://www.cellmatrix.net/index.php/site/analysis/25/

http://www.cellmatrix.net/index.php/site/analysis/14/

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"TC2004" wrote:

I did try that and those boxes are checked (axis crosses at 0), but the zero
on the primary and secondary y-axis don't line up.

I did manipulate the minimum and maxiumum values and got the zeros to line
up, but now the bars in the bar chart associated with the primary y-axis
actually start below the 0 even though all the values are greater than 0.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Right-click on an axis. Format Axis/ Scale. Alter the min and max values
to suit your requirements. Can also set the value at which the X-axis
crosses.
--
David Biddulph

"TC2004" wrote in message
I have a chart with a primary and secondary axis.

Values for the primary axis range from 0 to 260, values for the secondary
axis range from -50% to 50%.

I would like to have the zeros on both axis line up, so that the negative
percentages on the secondary axis are clearly identifiable. I can't find
way to do it.

In the default chart, the x axis crosses the primary y-axis at 0, but the
0
on the secondary y-axis is at approximately the same height as the value
50
on the primary axis.

Please help!
Astrid