Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mary Ann Mary Ann is offline

Default Conditional Formatting €“ shade all cells in row

Of course! Thanks all

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Select A2:D500 then

=$D2="North"

Note the $ sign to "fix" column D

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:31:05 -0700, Mary Ann
wrote:

I have a list with column headings e.g. Code, Value, Description, Category.
Lets say the headings y are in A1 to A4 with my list going down to row 500. I
want to shade all cells in a row if the value in the Category column is, for
example, North.

I have selected the whole range, excluding the headings, Format, Conditional
Formatting. Then selected Formula Is and typed =D2=€North€ and then selected
a pattern colour via the Format button.

Unfortunately this only shades the entries in column A.

I have managed to achieve what I want in the past but cant quite remember
how to do it!

I am using Excel 2003