Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Robert Robert is offline

Default Returning a Value from a Table, dependant on the word Typed

Thanks a lot but I tried that SUMIF Function on the basis of what you showed,
but I only get #NAME?

Nice try, but I still have this problem.!!!
Sorry to be a pain, but I did check the Syntax Very carefully and no joy I'm
afraid.
"T. Valko" wrote:

For one way, see this screencap:

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2452/sumifer2.jpg

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Robert" wrote in message
Hi
I'm trying return the weight of an item into an adjacent cell, when I type
the word.
To Explain: If I have A1 and B1 as Item and Weight, then underneath those
have Sofa, Chair, Bed etc, with the relevant weights in the B Column.

Next I have another Worksheet or the Same Worksheet, where I have Name,
Item
and Weight. I want to insert automatically the Weight based on typing the
right Item (i.e. Sofa) in the cell next to the persons name.

Hope that makes sense. Can't seem to upload a sample. I may have about
100
items to access along with their weights.
Thanks