Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Storm Storm is offline

Default Compare 2 Worksheets and return differences in a third.

What I normally do is also do another vlookup on the list from your company.
Anything that came up with N/A are the ones that are not on Wksht 1 list.
Might be too manual but it's a workaround. I'm anxious to see if there is a
faster way of doing it too.

"TheBigStig" wrote:

I have 3 worsheets on a file.
Number one contains a list of current customers by:
Column 1: Account number, Column 2: Company Name, Column 3: Adress Line 1,
Column 4: City, Column 5: Zip/Postal Code and Column 6: Spend to date.
Number 2 is an import table that I paste to each month with the following
data supplied by my head office:
Column 1: Account Number, Column 2: Company, Column 3: Spend to date.
The idea was to be able to then use a VLOOKUP formula to go back to
Worksheet one and sort customer spend by zip/postcode area.
The VLOOKUP formula I use for this is:
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Special,5,FALSE)),"No
Spend",(VLOOKUP(A2,Special,5,FALSE))).
NOW: I want a third worksheet to tell me if there are any NEW customers on
the list being sent by my head office that I didn't originally have listed on
worksheet 1.
This way, I can add them manually to worksheet 1 ready for next month and
then the third worksheet will do the same again!
Is this possible with a formula and can anyone tell me what it is and how to
do it?!!

Thank you in advance!