Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default How can I copy a value from a cell and paste it into another cell while adding it to the previous value in that cell

One way:

Public Sub OrderingList_Click()
Dim dAdd As Double

With Workbooks.Open(Filename:="Workbook B.xls")
With Sheets("Delays").Range("N6:N300")
dAdd = Application.WorksheetFunction.SumIf( _
.Cells, "Marine Logistics", .Offset(0, 2))
End With
End With
With Workbooks("Workbook A.xls").Sheets("Sheet1").Range("E10")
.Value = .Value + dAdd
End With
End Sub

Change "Sheet1" to the name of your sheet in Workbook A.xls, if needed

In article .com,
wrote:

I have a macro in which I want to copy a value from a cell in Workbook
A to a cell in Workbook B.. However,when pasting it into Workbook B, I
want to add it to the previous value.. Simply pasting it replaces the
value. Is there a way to paste a value while adding it to the previous
value ??

Any help will be greatly appreciated.. Thanks a lot to all the experts
out there..!! I'm copying the code of the macro below.. macro sits in
workbook A :-

Sub OrderingList_Click()

Workbooks.Open Filename:="Workbook B.xls"
Sheets("Delays").Select
Range("n36").Select

For i = 36 To 300
Set curCell = Worksheets("Delays").Cells(i, 14)

If curCell.Value = "Marine Logistics" Then
curCell.Offset(0, 2).Select

End If

Selection.Copy

Windows("Workbook A.xls").Activate
Range("e10").Select

Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues ' This replaces the value
each time.code which can add to prev value?

Windows("Workbook B.xls").Activate
'ActiveCell.Offset(0, -2).Select

Next i

End Sub