Jan Karel Pieterse

Hi Siverfox19482,

How do I copy every 8th cell in a column into consecutive cells in another
column. I don't want to have to point to each cell. With a column of
hundreds of cells, I bound to be off on at least one. I want a formula that
I can enter for the first cell and then copy and paste to the others.

Enter the numbers 1 to 8 in a column next to the data.
Select those 8 cells and drag the fill handle down to match your data. You
should get a repeating set of 1...8
Now select all data, choose data, filter, autofilter and filter on the new
column with numbers, choosing e.g. the number 8. Select the cells you now need
copied, hit control-c and paste wherever is needed.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com