Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default help with mod function

You just need to include the value_if_false argument:

=IF(K2=180,MOD(K2,180),K2)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Tim" wrote in message
I have a problem with the mod function...I need to make it conditional on
the related adjacent cell...here's what I have

=IF(K2=180,MOD(K2,180))

What I need is if K2 is equal to or greater than 180 then execute the mod
function in the appropriate adjacent cell
If K2 is less than 180 then do not execute the mode function in the
adjacent cell...leave the exiting number , if any, alone

The above executes the mod function ok if equal or greater than 180...but
if less than 180...it's returning a false statement ?

I'm sure this is simple but I can't come up with changes that give the
above desired results.

Thanks, Tim