Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
working hard at home working hard at home is offline

Default Excel - Replace differant trailing words or symbyls with key w

This is Vertical list with multiple differant prefex.I want to eliminate the
back end info words just keep front wording, using find and replace tool and
not list each sell as their are hundreds
example Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/06WALGREENS
Walgreens5417 Q03 R 10/13WALGREENS
Become Walgreens

"iliace" wrote:

If the first number after desired text always begins with a digit, you
can use this array formula:

=LEFT(F9,MATCH(TRUE,ISNUMBER(--MID(F9,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(F9))),1)),
0)-1)

Assumes your text is in F9. After pasting this formula in the formula
bar, press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to confirm (instead of regular Enter).

On Oct 31, 10:28 am, working hard at home
wrote:
How do I replace in multiple cells that start out with walgreen but have
mulitple differant endings to just walgreens.