Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I Bob I is offline

Default Protecting an Excel worksheet without locking the embedded scrollbar

Genesis wrote:
On Oct 30, 11:04 am, Bob I wrote:

R-click the scroll bar, Format Control, Protection, UNcheck "Locked"

Genesis wrote:

Hello all,

I was able to embed a scrollbar into an Excel worksheet. I would like
to protect this worksheet and only allow certain cells to be modify. I
know how to do that BUT, every time I protect the sheet, it also locks
the embeded scrollbar so that I can't slide it anymore. Any thoughts,
comments, suggestion?

Lee- Hide quoted text -

Bob I,

Thanks for the response. I tried all that already. Nothing worked.
Remember, I need to protect this sheet. I can uncheck the "Locked"
boxed but as soon as I protect the sheet under "Tool -- Protection --

Protect Sheet" the scrollbar locked up and disabling the ability to

scroll. Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

Which scroll bar are you using? And perhaps you tied it to something
that is locked?