Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Insert Rows Macro

This may do what you describe, but I'm not sure it does what you want.

What happens when one of the quantities in column C is 1?

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim iRow As Long
Dim HowMany As Long
Dim FirstRow As Long
Dim LastRow As Long
Dim wks As Worksheet

Set wks = ActiveSheet

With wks
FirstRow = 2 'headers in row 1
LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row

For iRow = LastRow To FirstRow Step -1
HowMany = 0
With .Cells(iRow, "C")
If IsNumeric(.Value) Then
HowMany = .Value
End If
End With
If HowMany 0 Then
.Rows(iRow).Offset(1, 0).Resize(HowMany).Insert
.Cells(iRow, "A").Offset(1, 0).Resize(HowMany, 2).Value _
= .Cells(iRow, "A").Resize(1, 2).Value
.Cells(iRow, "C").Offset(1, 0).Resize(HowMany, 1).Value = 1
End If
Next iRow
End With
End Sub

A.S. wrote:

Hello,
I couldn't find a macro that does this, so if anyone can point me in the
right direction I would appreciate it:

Sample Data:
Product Code Qty
ABCD AXD 2
DJFL DFY 3

Basically I want the macro to look at the quantity and recognize 2 and then
insert 2 rows after ABCD, where the ABCD & AXD would be copied and the number
1 entered in the Qty for all the rows. So basically, data would then look
like:

Product Code Qty
ABCD AXD 2
ABCD AXD 1