Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gareth - Network analyst. Gareth - Network analyst. is offline

Default Displaying a list based on a Vlookup

OK never mind i figured that part out.
the validation source was:

=OFFSET(CC_Code_Start,MATCH(C5,CC_Code,0)-1,2,COUNTIF(CC_Code,C5),1)

ok but now problem 2, its prob around the same lines just setting the offset
by another value or 2 BUT can i get a lookup based on the C5 and C6 values to
return in column C7 without choosing data.

In other words, can i get C7 to do a lookup on C5 and C6 then return the
Value in that cell automatically. A dependency basically.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200752

"Gareth - Network analyst." wrote:

Hi Guys/Girls

I have once again a problem that i need some assist on.

I have a sheet with multiple sites with Department codes and devisions phone
numbers etc. which i use for a offline referance of data.

where i have a problem is here, There are several sites with the same Site
ID, so what i would like to do idealy is this, on my controlling sheet i have
a cell that you enter your site code on(C3) now in the next cell (C4) i would
like it to have a listing that is based on all the values that are linked to
that site code the division for that site, and from there the cells below
telephone number etc can pull the data based on the list option.

I have a data workshhet with all the sites and all their information listed
with the site code being in column A and the department in column B.