Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MartinW MartinW is offline

Default how do paste same data in every other line

Hi Ben,

Assuming your data in column A
Set B values like this
B2: blank
B3: S
B4: E
B5: =INDIRECT("A"&(ROW()-1)/4+1)

Highlight B2 to B5
Grab the fill handle and drag way way way down your sheet,
it will start returning zeroes after row (4 times your last column A row)

Not very elegant and a bit of tidy up to do, but it works.

HTH
Martin

"ben0209" wrote in message
Afternoon all
I am looking at a data table comprising 1 column x multiple rows. I would
like to be able to insert between every entry (all different) the sequence
of:
DATA
blank row,
cell containing 'S'
cell containing 'E'
NEXT DATA.

I have seen some threads and can insert three blank rows but am falling
down
at getting the specific texts in the cells.
Any help would be appreciated.