Morpheus

Marvellous!! The Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications suggesytion
worked. Thank you so much!!
Regards,
Morpheus

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Are there spaces in that path\filename?

Sometimes one of these works:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

Morpheus wrote:

I have a strange problem when I try to open an Excel file from My Computer or
Windows Explorer. I get an error message to the effect that "Windows cannot
find the file c:\book1.xls' ,etc. etc. although the file definitey exists.
Not too sure what I've done, but any help fixing this problem would be most
gratefully received.

--

Dave Peterson