Dale Fye

Default Auto Filter not working properly

I have a spreadsheet I received from a co-worker, about 250 rows by 10
columns. The first couple of columns have values in all cells, the last 6 or
eight are either blank or have an 'X' in the column to indicate that column
applies to the row. I'm trying to filter on the 'X' in several of the
columns, but Excel only seems to be recognizing about the first 6 rows,
because the auto filter does not show the X's if they don't show up in the
top 6 rows. I went to the advanced filter, and it has the top 6 rows
selected, and when I try to reset them to select all of the rows, it appears
to work, but when I go back to Data-Filter-Advanced, the same six rows show
up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.