AlCamp

Barb,
I did find Jon's site earlier, and I'm reviewing (he has a ton of good
info) the information to see if I can determine if there's one of his graphs
that will do what I need.
I'm looking at floating bars and Gannt charting as possibilities.
I'll keep on truckin'... thanks for your response...
Al Camp

"Barb R." wrote in message
Take a look at Jon Peltier's site

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html

You may be able to find something there.

"AlCamp" wrote:

Hello all,
I need a chart that will simulate "mapping" weaving errors on a length
of
cloth.

The Y axis would represent the Length of the fabric, from 0 to 300
meters.
The X axis would represent the Width of the fabric, from 0cm to 240cm.
Error data in the cloth would be indicated as...
ErrorNo ErrorLength ErrorWidth FromEdge
1 100 15 50
2 138 10 94
3 168 7 220
Error No 1 occured 100 meters down the cloth, and 50cm from the edge,
and I would like to place a small line 15cm in length and labeled "1" on
the
graph at the appropriate length and distance from edge.
Error No 2 occurs at 138m and 94cm from edge and would be represented
as
a 10cm line labeled "2" on the graph,
and so on and so on for. (I'll probably have 35 errors or so to plot)

Isn't this similar to a "project schedule" graph, where starting on
1/1/05 the development phase (represented by a line 3 weeks long) will
begin, and so on...

Is this do-able in Excel chart?

What type of graph should I use?

Any assistance anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated....
If
someone can get me going in the right direction, I don't mind putting in
some "sweat equity".

Thanks in advance,
Al Camp